Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I did not like the new Ziyad Rahbani's CD for Tunisian singer, Latifa. My mother and sister loved it. But Tariq An-Nahl song in the musical by `Asi Rahbani titled Naturat Al-Mafatih is great--and the musical arrangement of the song (not in the version on the musical's CD) even imitated the sound of bees. The musical (in lyrical and musical cliches, not to mention messages and themes) is as vapid and silly as all the other `Asi Rahbani's musicals. (Notice that I don't use Rahbani Brothers anymore. I took the decision today. Let us end this charade NOW. It was all `Asi. You can attach Mansur's name to the immemorable songs that he wrote after `Asi's death, and that nobody can cite. (thanks Mirvat for sending me the books and CDs. Sometimes I feel spoiled and pampered. But then again: I deserve no less. Never mind.)