Thursday, November 29, 2007

Petty minded Lebanonese standards. An-Nahar (the right-wing, sectarian Christian, anti-Syrian (people), anti-Palestinian (people) newspaper) is bragging today that Lebanon is ranked--and we know how much Lebanonese care about ranking--third in "economic freedom"according to a Canadian outfit. We know what high marks in economic freedoms mean? Kuwait and Oman ranked ahead of Lebanon, laments An-Nahar. Let me see who ranks first in petty-mindedness and racism against foreign maids. I am sure Lebanon is number one, by far.
PS I swear, after posting this I saw another item in that newspaper. Their obsession with Lebanese ranking and mythical greatness knows no bounds. They claims that a Lebanese ranked first among 168 countries in designing a poster. Let me advise all the Lebanese who live outside of Lebanon: if you ever feel nostalgia for Lebanon, just read An-Nahar or watch LBC-TV. It will inoculate you against nostalgia.